What you will be doing?
As Technical Lead you will be contribute to the architecture and design of our regional systems, infrastructure and products across Native Mobile and Web. You will be responsible for the design and implementations of the systems adhering to that architecture by development teams across the region.
In collaboration with other technical leaders across the Asia region you will lead the development of the technical vision for our emerging regional systems and products. You will combine your extensive technical experience with your understanding of the business to guide delivery teams in the Asia region through all aspects of software delivery.
While the focus of this role is on architecture, systems design and leadership, you will remain hands on and work with teams to develop software solutions using agile software development practices as required. You will champion our technical practices to ensure a high quality outcome for our business. You will share responsibility for the provisioning, deployment and operational support of the software your team builds.
You will be jointly accountable for the health, happiness and performance of your team(s). You will contribute positively to the culture of the team, build engagement and morale, be involved in recruiting, set structure and processes and generally help build and maintain a high performing team(s). You will use your skills and experience to mentor more junior team members.
- Leading the overall technical direction for International LOB with a particular focus on regional systems, applications and products Asia and in collaboration with other senior technical leaders.
- Providing technical direction to team(s) across the Asia region.
- Working with stakeholders to design high quality solutions that meet the needs of our users – always with an eye on speed to market.
- Coach and Mentor developers across the region helping them to grow and improve their craft.
- Supporting production systems.
- Contributing to the REA knowledge base through blog posts, brown-bags sessions and coaching less experienced members of the team.
- Actively representing the REA technology team in public forums such as conferences, community groups and our technical blog.
What are the requirements?
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or similar highly desirable.
- 5+ years of software development and systems design.
- Solution design / architecture experience
- Experience developing software on both Native Mobile and Web
- Technology leadership experience
- Experience working and leading in Agile/XP environments
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders across the Asia region in multiple countries and markets.
- Demonstrated passion for technology, products and consumer experiences across both Mobile and Web
- Able to lead multiple engineering teams in a highly distributed, highly collaborative team environment.
Interested applicants please send a full resume to [email protected]. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer’s personal data policies.