What you will be doing?
- Lead efforts to develop next generation data lake to collect various internal and external data sources across group which enables data driven decision making and improve analytics capability.
- Provide technical and delivery leadership for Data Tribe.
- Architect and develop open-source, cloud enabled, scalable, data platform
- Drive solution design, including requirements analysis, functional and technical design of data lake
- Work closely with Infrastructure team to ensure stability and robust availability of data systems
- Continuously research for process improvements and new technical capability for adoption
- Coach, mentor and share best practices and knowledge across the team
- Champion Agile methodology processes to improve the development processes.
- Work with distributed engineering and data teams across Asia region and Australia
- Foster innovation culture within Data Tribe team.
What are the requirements?
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Engineering or related field
- At least 10 years of solid technical experience including 5+ years of work experience in Big Data platform development
- Strong knowledge in open source data platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Google Big Query etc.
- Experienced in Cloud based services (AWS, Azure etc.)
- Good understanding of RESTful API and JSON
- Knowledge in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of Microservice Architecture
- Knowledge in SOLR Cloud and/or AWS ElasticSearch is an advantage
- Experience in areas of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI and CD) is a plus
- Worked in Agile or Scrum based environment before
- Experience with Git
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, strong communications skills, problem-solving skills
- Passionate technologist , self-driven , innovative and quality focused
Interested applicants please send a full resume to [email protected]. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer’s personal data policies.