What you will be doing?
As an Architect you will be responsible for the architecture and design of our systems. In collaboration with other technical leaders across the Asia region you will lead the development of the technical vision for our emerging regional systems and products. You will combine your extensive technical experience with your understanding of the business to guide delivery teams in the Asia region through all aspects of software delivery.
While the focus of this role is on architecture and leadership, you will remain hands on and work with teams to develop software solutions using agile software development practices as required. You will champion our technical practices to ensure a high quality outcome for our business. You will share responsibility for the provisioning, deployment and operational support of the software your team builds.
You will form a part of the leadership team for International and will be jointly accountable for the health, happiness and performance of your team(s). You will contribute positively to the culture of the team, build engagement and morale, be involved in recruiting, set structure and processes and generally help build and maintain a high performing team(s). You will use your skills and experience to mentor junior team members.
- Leading the overall technical direction for International LOB with a particular focus on Asia and in collaboration with other senior technical leaders.
- Providing technical direction to team(s) across the Asia region.
- Working with stakeholders to design high quality solutions that meet the needs of our users.
- Leading the implementation of architecturally complex projects of global significance – always with an eye on speed to market.
- Coach and Mentor tech leads and developers across the region helping them to grow and improve their craft.
- Providing technical direction and motivation to drive the decommissioning of legacy systems across the Asia region.
- Contributing to the REA knowledge base through blog posts, brown-bags sessions and coaching less experienced members of the team.
- Actively representing the REA technology team in public forums such as conferences, community groups and our technical blog.
What are the requirements?
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science or similar highly desirable.
- 10+ years of experience working in software development.
- 5+ years experience leading large engineering teams.
- Expert skills in architecting solutions that scale and perform for millions of users.
- Expert skills in developing long-term system architecture strategies.
- Expert skills in building full stack web products using open source and cloud technologies.
- Expert skills in modern software development techniques such as object orientation, test driven development, micro-services and continuous delivery.
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders across the Asia region in multiple countries and markets.
- Able to contribute to technology leadership teams within a business unit.
- Able to lead multiple engineering teams in a highly distributed, highly collaborative team environment.
Interested applicants please send a full resume to [email protected]. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer’s personal data policies.